Herbed Potato Chips
- 1 large baking potato
- pinch dried thyme
- pinch free-flowing salt (see Notes)
- pinch black pepper
for recommended Supplements.
- Using a knife, the slicing blade of a food processor or a mandoline, cut the unpeeled potato into 1/16-inch slices.
- Soak the potato slices in a bowl of cool water for a couple of minutes to remove excess starch, which will help get the chips crispy.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes, then pat them dry.
- Place a sheet of parchment atop a microwave-safe plate. Layer the potatoes on the plate, taking care not to let them overlap.
- Mist the potatoes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you have an oil sprayer or spread a thin coating of Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the potatoes with a paper towel or your fingers, then sprinkle the thyme, salt, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Microwave on high for five minutes. Let the potatoes rest for one minute, then cook for another four minutes. Remove any chips that are light brown and cook the remaining chips, if necessary, for one more minute.
- Repeat with the remaining potato slices, using more parchment. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: Bake for 20-30 minutes (or until they reach the desired crispiness) at 450 degrees F on a baking sheet lined with parchment or atop a wire rack.
Free-flowing salt is finer than table salt, so a little goes a long way. If you don't have free-flowing salt, grind regular salt in a spice grinder until it's powdery. Finely ground popcorn salt will also work.
Copyright G6PDDeficiency.org All rights reserved.
Herbed Potato Chips was last modified: April 24th, 2015 by