- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (or make your own - look for triggers in ingredients)
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples (about 1 pound), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup caramel topping (see recipe this section)
for recommended Supplements.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with light coat of coconut oil. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle on prepared parchment.
- Combine apples and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Place apple mixture in center of dough, leaving a 3- inch border (apples will be piled high on dough). Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough will only partially cover apple mixture). Combine water and egg white; brush over edges of dough, and sprinkle galette with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown (filling may leak slightly during cooking). Drizzle with caramel topping, and serve warm.
Copyright G6PDDeficiency.org All rights reserved.
Caramel-Apple Galette was last modified: April 24th, 2015 by