Cheese and Carrots Mashed Potatoes
- Place carrots, potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Stir in butter. Coarsely mash carrots and potatoes with a potato masher.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Brown beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove ground beef from skillet using a slotted spoon; reserve 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, green pepper, celery and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat 10 to 11 minutes or until tender. Stir in ground beef and next 6 ingredients. Sprinkle flour over meat mixture. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, and vinegar, breaking up large tomato pieces with a spoon. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3-qt. baking dish or pan. Spoon Cheese-and-Carrot Mashed Potatoes evenly over meat mixture, smoothing with back of spoon.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated, shielding with aluminum foil after 25 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
Copyright G6PDDeficiency.org All rights reserved.
Shepherds Pie was last modified: April 24th, 2015 by